If you feel inspired by this vision, this 3 day workshop, led by Miki Kashtan, is an opportunity to start where you are — in your life, your organizational contexts, your community work, or your spiritual community — and gain tools to move further in that direction.
- Are you looking to align your organization with its purpose and values?
- Are you committed to working for change?
- Have you often wondered why so many organizations are full of conflict?
- Do you wish to grow your capacity to connect with people across differences?
- Would you like to find a path for navigating power issues – your own and others’?
If you said “yes” to these questions, this training will offer food for the journey. Whether you are a change agent within an organization, a facilitator or teacher, or are exploring how you can make a positive difference, this experience will offer:
- Convergent Facilitation tools for supporting decisions that work for everyone
- Dialogue skills for connecting and resolving challenges with others, even long-standing ones
- Perspectives and tools for understanding and engaging with your own and others’ power and privilege
- An approach to building alternative institutions that anchor and embody your vision
- A path towards leadership that does not compromise others’ participation and wisdom
A Note on Financial Contribution
This is a workshop about changing the way we work together. This transformation must include our relation to resources including money. We’re planning to explore this as part of the workshop.
Our preference is that you sign up with a deposit of $50 – to help cover up-front costs and to gauge how many people to expect – and then choose during the workshop how much you will give. If $50 is beyond what you are able to give, please sign up with at least $10.
If you would prefer a fixed number in advance, we invite you to give $275 at registration to support the sustainability of the MK Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence and BayNVC (Miki’s workplace) and to make this training accessible.
If, on average, we receive $200 from each person at the end and have over 50 participants, this will support our sustainability. We invite you not to be bound by it and to stretch into giving much less or much more. Thank you for engaging in this important exploration of resources with us!
**Please note the following schedule for this 3 day workshop: Nov. 3 from 7:00pm – 9:00pm; Nov. 4 from 9:30am – 5:00pm; Nov. 5 from 1pm – 5pm
This workshop is sponsored and co-hosted by the Spirituality, Arts, & Justice Center.