Working for Transformation without Recreating the Past:
A Workshop for Change Agents
Fri Nov 3, 7-9 pm
Sat and Sun Nov 4 and 5, 9:30am-5 pm**
“Imagine a future world in which we all value people and life and participate in the flow of generosity. A world where sharing our gifts and the mundane tasks of life are both done with wholehearted willingness, free of coercion. A world where attending to everyone’s needs is the organizing principle.” — Miki Kashtan, Reweaving Our Human Fabric: Working Together to Create a Nonviolent Future.
If you feel inspired by this vision, this workshop is an opportunity to start where you are — in your life, your organizational contexts, your community work, or your spiritual community — and gain tools to move further in that direction.
- Are you looking to align your organization with its purpose and values?
- Are you committed to working for change?
- Have you often wondered why so many organizations are full of conflict?
- Do you wish to grow your capacity to connect with people across differences?
- Would you like to find a path for navigating power issues – your own and others’?
If you said “yes” to these questions, this training will offer food for the journey. Whether you are a change agent within an organization, a facilitator or teacher, or are exploring how you can make a positive difference, this experience will offer a
- Convergent Facilitation tools for supporting decisions that work for everyone
- Dialogue skills for connecting and resolving challenges with others, even long-standing ones
- Perspectives and tools for understanding and engaging with your own and others’ power and privilege
- An approach to building alternative institutions that anchor and embody your vision
- A path towards leadership that does not compromise others’ participation and wisdom
**Note that Nov 4 and 5 are held at different times than Nov 3.